Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Bindi Irwin says her dad was her hero

Bindi Irwin has paid tribute to her father at his memorial service today at Australia Zoo.

Entering the Crocoseum to rapturous applause and a standing ovation from the 5000 strong crowd, Bindi appeared confident and composed.

She said her father was her hero.

"He was always there for me when I needed him," Bindi said.

"He listened to me and taught me so many things, but most of all he was fun," she said.

"He was working to save the world so that everyone would love wildlife like he did," she said.

She said she knew he had an important job in saving and protecting wildlife.

"He took me and my brother and my mum with him all the time".

"We filmed together, caught crocodiles together and loved being in the bush together," she said.

Bindi said she would miss her father "every single day".

"When I see a crocodile I will always think of him," she said.

She said her father made the zoo so everyone could come and learn and love animals.

"Daddy made this place his whole life, now it's our turn to help daddy," she said.

Steve's wife Terri quietly cried throughout Bindi's speech.

Steve's father Bob spoke on behalf of the Irwin family, and thanked all of the public for their support since the Crocodile Hunter's death.

He urged the crowd not to grieve for Steve, as he was at peace now.

"Instead grieve for the animals," he said.

"The animals have lost the best friend they have ever had, and so have I."

ref

--
Planet-X Blog:  http://kennethx.blogspot.com

Planet-X Homepage: http://planetx66.googlepages.com

MySpace: http://myspace.com/kennethx66

No comments: